REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD-214 OR PROOF OF HONORABLE DISCHARGE
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE $40.00
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application - https://www.legion.org/membership Applications are also available at the Post.
2. A photocopy of your DD-214 or other proof of an honorable discharge.
3. Membership Dues Payments. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to "American Legion Post 130"- DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If you meet membership requirement your membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you or presented at our monthly General Membership Meeting held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in The American Legion.
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
You must have served at least one day of active military duty and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman (Commander Steve Mattes) or stop at the Post.