REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR DD-214 OR PROOF OF HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE $40.00
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.
2. A photocopy of your DD-214 or other proof of an honorable discharge.
3. Membership Dues Payments. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to "American Legion Post 130"- DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If you meet membership requirement your membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you or presented at our monthly General Membership Meeting held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in The American Legion.
You must have served at least one day of active military duty and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman (Commander Steve Mattes) or stop at the Post.